The world according to Larry Niven...OR,
Niven's Law on how the Universe works...
(Read the rest here...)
- a. Never throw shit at an armed man.
b. Never stand next to someone who is throwing shit at an armed man.
- Never fire a laser at a mirror.
- Mother Nature doesn't care if you're having fun.
- Giving up freedom for security is beginning to look naive. (Note: this originally read "F x S = k", signifying that the product of Freedom and Security is a constant.)
- Psi and/or magical powers, if real, are nearly useless.
- It is easier to destroy than to create.
- Any damn fool can predict the past.
Hmmm, I guess that explains why that DIY voodoo kit didn't work...