Things to do when you're incensed: Save the internetUS law makers are currently moving to end net neutrality, which would set an alarming precedent for the rest of us in the Americas; and believe you me Caribbean nationals our ISPs will be more than happy to join on the bandwagon.
Congress is pushing a law that would abandon the Internet's First Amendment -- a principle called Network Neutrality that prevents companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast from deciding which Web sites work best for you -- based on what site pays them the most.(Link)
So following the Martian Anthropologist's lead here are a few Sunday "Things to do".
- Watch the video.
- Read "Why You Should Care About Network Neutrality".
- Blog about the issue. No blog? No problem. The office water cooler will serve. Just don't be silent.
- Link to SaveTheInternet.com on your blog.
- If you're a US citizen nag your boys (and girls) in Congress.
- Email,the corporate bigwigs at your ISP to make sure they know you're not down with this move. Remember, you're the consumer. Your $ = Clout