Sunday, May 07, 2006

Snark of the Week: Sticking it to the man - in style.

OR,

A little snarkery goes a long way.

Kiwi Justin Lee on why the cops should just forget about this whole speeding ticket thing.
I had a most excellent weekend, but that is not why I'm writing to you at this time...

Firstly, the "date of offence" is listed as the 23rd of June 1974 with the time being at or around half past six in the evening...coincidentally - I was born on that day...

For me to have traveled from Porirua to the foot of the BombaY Hills just out of Auckland by six thirty, I would had to have crawled into the first car in the hospital parking lot and headed for Auckland at around 1,000km/h...

This is where it starts getting really strange. The car that I must have crawled into had the same license plate as the one I have how...However, my car is a dark gray Nissan Bluebird SSS...You will notice that a time-travel option is not included on this model, so that rules out any "Back to the Future" issues and the car I was driving back then could not have been the one I drive today.

(Link)

Needless to say he got off. Go read the entire letter. It's brillant stuff, and proof positive that a true snark is the soul of civility.


5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!