Wednesday, May 10, 2006

May the pox...

Yes, you heard me. May the full extent of my, thus far, impotent poxy wrath be visited upon a certain Saint Lucian ISP. Guess which? Easy, there's only the one. May this Lucian ISP, with its outrageously over-subscribed and Saint Lucia Jazz co-opted service, suffer a judiciously painful drop in revenues. Say - oh - a couple of million bucks or so. Eastern Caribbean Dollars, of course - I do have a heart - for lying bare faced to me for the past 3 weeks about the state of my intermittent unlimited high speed, well it says so on the invoice, internet connection. Excuse while I open the windows to air the room out after that bit.

As mentioned the annual Saint Lucia Jazz is in full swing. It used to be called the Saint Lucia Jazz Festival, but they dropped the last word a couple of years or so 'cause it was too much for the drink sodden Rent-a-Dread Jazz enthusiasts to remember. Not that I'm criticising mind. I too was a bit wet this past weekend, so I'm in no position to judge. I don't have much to say about our "premier music festival" save that, Seal and Babyface are supposed to be in town but have thus far not seen it fit to ring me up for drinks.

Additionally I'd like to respectfully suggest, 'cause I eh need no more damned trouble down here than I already have, that the local organising committee be obliged, upon pain of dismissal, to submit to an intensive musical re-education seminar from which they would glean the ability to distinguish between Jazz and - oh say - dance hall reggae, soca, pop, r&b, chop sticks embedded in the brain pan via in one's inner ear...



5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!