Monday, May 01, 2006

Babbling brook of consciousness...

I've had Sasha Cohen's "I'd like to move it" stuck in my head for 2 days now. No clue as to why. Or perhaps I do; but, well, some things are too embarrassing to discuss. The point is that the song led me to thoughts of the movie, Madagascar; which led me to thoughts of the self-proclaimed King of the Lemurs, Julian; which led me to question what the heck is a "fousa" anyway? Which led me to google (small "g" 'cause I'm using it as a verb) "fousa" while playing the song. Good times. Practically a gouranga moment. Which was a good thing, because I learnt two things.

Thing 1: There is no such thing as a "fousa".

Thing 2: But there is such a thing as a "fossa".
"Fousa" is a fictional character in Dreamworks' film MADAGASCAR. Fousa is based on a real-life animal found in Madagascar called the Fossa (pronounced "foo sa").

The fossa is a carnivore that is related to a mongoose and looks like a cross between a puma and a dog. Fossas are nocturnal creatures that hunt almost any animal including insects, reptiles, rodents and lemurs. They also prey on chickens in and around Malagasy villages and are hunted by local people as vermin.

(Link, Photo: Julie Maher)

Cute little bastard ain't? Wonder if you can house break 'em. 'Cause those Lucian rats are a sumofabitch. And I bet they'd fix dem terrorist chickens right up. Trick 'em out with a nice little harness. Go for walks and stuff. Hmmm? And now back to the tunage. "Us like to move it, move it. Us like to - move it!"


5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!