Saturday, May 20, 2006

Adventures in body sugaring

I'm poor. But more to the point, I'm cheap frugal. This is no small matter. I blame my mother's "Why pay someone to do it, when you can do it yourself" brand of self-sufficiency. Ergo, no $70 salon facials for me; which means I sure as heck ain't gonna pay for a waxing. All of which leads me to my current sticky predicament.

Picture this - Sicily, 1946... No, no, wrong story. Picture this - Saint Lucia, 2006; dorna! peering down into a near volcanic concoction of sugar, water and lemon juice; rationalising sotto voce, "Well, if all else fails, it'll make a nice snack", followed by these portentous words:
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
(Link)

Well, anyhoo, you get the gist of the situation.

My inner voice - the sane one - opines, "No good will come of this honey. No good". Hah. What does she know anyway?


5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!