Stop the insanity!OR,
"Stupid is as stupid does..."
From Kidzworld a small reality check:
A Little Food For Thought(Link)
- Did you know that if female mannequins were real women they'd be too thin to have babies?
- There are 3 billion women who don't look like supermodels and only eight who do.
- Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14, and she is still considered beautiful.
- If Barbie was a real woman, she'd have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.
- The average woman wears between a size 12-14.
- The models in the magazines are airbrushed - no one, not even models, look that good without some help!
And here are some facts that are kinda scary...
- One out of every four college-aged women has an eating disorder.
- A psychological study in 1995 found that three minutes spent looking at a fashion magazine caused 70% of women to feel depressed, guilty, and shameful.
- Twenty years ago, models weighed 8% less than the average woman. Today they weigh 23% less.
Filed in: weightloss