No excuses offeredTime for some gratituous navel gazing. By way of a half dozen or so weblogs comes Braindump v 5.0's "Lifecycle of Bloggers" as abridged by yours truly.
- Start reading blogs.
- You start a blog.
- You become a stats whore.
- You become really personal on your site as the online and real-life worlds start confusing you.
- You faux "retire" from blogging.
- You cave back into blogging in less than 72 hours.
- You decide to "get serious" about blogging.
- You have a pseudo flirty im/blogging/flickr flirting relationship with another blogger whom you have never met.
- You decide that you must meet other bloggers.
- You take a step back and metablog about blogging and what blogging has done about your blogging.
- See step 5. Shampoo, rinse, repeat.
- You decide that as a result of step 10 and having repeated step 5 more than 3 times in the course of your lifecycle as a blogger, that you need to sanitize or reinvent your blog.
- You either lose your job because of blogging, are afraid of losing your job for blogging, or join a company that builds blogging tools.
- You decide to start an anonymous livejournal blog.
I admit nothing.