Friday, October 07, 2005

Snark of the Week: Everyday epiphanies

Click the toon
Scott Adams, of Dilbert fame, recalls a youthful moment of clarity:
I think the time it really came home that I was different is, uh, I was in Sunday school classes; in a little Methodist Sunday school. I remember hearing the story about Jonah being swallowed by a whale and then some days later he got spit out and he was alive. And he was okay. And I kept wondering, wasn't he even partly digested?

The more I checked around, everyone else seemed to actually believe it happened. That's when I started thinking that I might be an alien from another race, left here on this planet as some kind of bizarre experiment; whose purpose I would someday discover.
Transcribed from the Big Thinkers episode Scott Adams: An Idiot's Life. To watch the entire piece, click Dilbert.


5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!