Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The United States of Canada

For Jdid, who treacherously requested that the US Blue States annex Ontario; in response to the Unknown in New California's call for secession; (See Sunday's Snark of the Week post.) a few words:

May the ghost of Tim Horton dog your villainous steps. *grins* Oh, and by the way, you'll have company.

From Upbeat and Downstairs: How Paradigms Are Created, C. B. Shapiro's "Modest Proposal". (Note the proposed change in boundaries. Personally, I think he left a few out.)
Yes, they won the White House, Congress, the Supreme Court and most of the state houses. But they still can't have the country they really want because the last few Blue States won't roll over. So I am making a simple proposal:

Secession. Divorce. Splitsville.

Personally, I think we made a huge mistake not letting them go when we had the chance back in 1862. Well, no time like the present to correct an old mistake.
One last thing. Yes, I'm well aware that the map shows red and green states. And, no, I'm not colour blind. I didn't draw the foolish thing.


5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!