Wednesday, June 22, 2005

That's not art, that's butt fat!

Well in truth, I don't know what part of Berlusconi's anatomy the fat allegedly came from, but I'm trying to make a point here.


Perhaps the oddest piece of work at Art Basel is a bar of soap, displayed on a square of black velvet, purportedly made from Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's fat, removed during liposuction.

Gianni Monti's work called 'Clean Hands' - the title is a play on the name of an anti-Mafia group - sold in less than an hour for 15,000 euros to a private Swiss collector, according to Monti's Galerie Nicola von Senger of Zurich.
Alright fine, call it art, but I ask you, 15,000 euros? In that case, I've got this here pouch I was going to work off, but since you're throwing money away...

5 Ninjas, 1 Kitten and a Fifth of Vodka!